Nancy Roberts 2
By Nancy Roberts, co-author of The FIVES Strategy for Reading Comprehension A “few” years ago, while working as a first grade teacher, it became apparent that students thought reading was something you did… but did not interact with. They had all pretty much cracked the “code” (phonics) and could decode with general success, but that […]
By Nancy Roberts and Mary Shea, authors of The FIVES Strategy for Reading Comprehension Working with students from K-12 and beyond, you will always find students who struggle with reading. Being able to phonetically decipher the words is one thing, but for some, that is where it stops. They connected and cracked the phonemic/phonics “code” […]
20 Strategies for Increasing Student Engagement
By William N. Bender
- To Exist or Not Exist? How Student Autonomy Changes the Classroom: Part 2
- To Exist or Not Exist? How Student Autonomy Changes the Classroom: Part 1
- Reflecting on a Vision of Instruction at Des Moines Public Schools
- What to Do When a New Student Has a Language Barrier
- Four Steps to Defining Your Legacy as a Teacher
Make this the most engaging school year ever.
Boost morale and encourage teamwork
with the SOAR School-Year Theme Kit.
RESERVE YOURS TODAY