5 Actions To Take Now 2
When engaging students in close reading, the goal is to deepen their understanding of the text and the author’s technique for delivering the content. Students can reach higher levels of understanding by engaging in higher levels of cognition. Students engaged in close reading are working in analysis. They need to be able to use inductive […]
By Carla Moora Start implementing these strategies today to turn your classroom into a thriving, standards-based learning laboratory. Are your students developing high-level cognitive skills? Critical thinking, analysis, generating and testing hypotheses—these are all important goals of revised state standards. As schools implement new standards, we should be seeing much more evidence that teachers are gradually […]
20 Strategies for Increasing Student Engagement
By William N. Bender
- To Exist or Not Exist? How Student Autonomy Changes the Classroom: Part 2
- To Exist or Not Exist? How Student Autonomy Changes the Classroom: Part 1
- Reflecting on a Vision of Instruction at Des Moines Public Schools
- What to Do When a New Student Has a Language Barrier
- Four Steps to Defining Your Legacy as a Teacher
Make this the most engaging school year ever.
Boost morale and encourage teamwork
with the SOAR School-Year Theme Kit.
RESERVE YOURS TODAY